In 1974, SCHA transported the last remaining vehicle of the Middleburgh and Schoharie Railroad to Depot Lane from the Middleburgh flats where it had been since 1936. The restored 1891 passenger car is now on display for visitors along with a restored 1917 wooden caboose donated to the organization by the Bridgeline Historical Society. In addition, SCHA was able to transport two period box cars and a flat bed to the site. The museum also includes a 1920 scale model of buildings, cars and terrain of the area served by the Middleburgh and Schoharie Railroad.
The Schoharie Valley Railroad Museum is open weekends 12PM to 4PM
Memorial Day thru Columbus Day. Group and school tours arranged by appointment
Call Schoharie Colonial Heritage Association - 518-295-7505
Andrew Muller, SVRR Program Director - 518-875-9219